Wednesday 23 April 2014

New Age - "Discography" (1980-82)

Jane Fonda 7" (Dining Out TUX14) 1981

Livin For Now 12" (TUX18) 1982


"All the Monkeys Aren't in the Zoo,Marylou"(LP)

Dining Out (TUX25) 1982
New Age started off ok, reasonably proficient post -punkers, like a low-budget version of 'The Sound'. Then evolved,or devolved, into Leicester's version of Classix Nouveaux.
As much as I detested all that noo romantic style over-production at the time, I now find it bizarrely attractive.I'll even admit to liking the Gated Snare drum nowadays, even though it appears not on New Age's very over-produced LP. The acoustically dead sound now sounds futuristic in a retro-futuristic kind of way.
I gotta like this 'cus A Flock of Seagulls are unashamedly a very guilty pleasure of mine, and I love The Sound, so add these factors together and you got a pretty fine example of post retro-futurism here!!!!????
Fuck me, I talk a pile of shit sometimes, or is that most of the time!
To complete the Leicester connection, its all released on that bloke from The Disco Zombies' record label, the marvellous Dining Out Records.
They also featured on the excellent leicester compilation: "Where The Hell is Leicester?" 

Track Listing:


Jane Fonda 7" (Dining Out TUX14) 1981




A
Jane Fonda
B
Radio Show


Livin For Now 12" (TUX18) 1982

A1
Livin For Now
A2
Amazed
B1
All I Want
B2
First To Live First To Die

"All the Monkeys Aren't in the Zoo,Marylou"(LP)

A1
Sense
A2
Acception
A3
On The Inside
A4
At The End Of The Day
B1
Ideals
B2
Progression
B3
Moving The Mountains
B4
Living For Now
B5
Talking Heads

DOWNLOAD everything by new Age HERE!

2 comments:

Mr Fab said...

Don't feel bad - I too quite likes me some occasional Flocks of Ludicrously-Coiffed Seagulls. (Tho I could live a long fruitful life without hearing "I Ran" again.) If they'd looked more normal and had no hits, they'd be cult legends and all the cool kids would be name-checking them.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it's truly informative.
I am going to watch out for brussels. I will be grateful if you continue
this in future. Lots of people will be benefited from your writing.
Cheers!