Sunday 3 August 2014

Blah Blah Blah ‎– "Blah Blah Blah (2)" (Blah Records ‎– B.L.P.2) 1982


Christ! Here's Blah Blah Blah's second compilation (also called er....Blah Blah Blah??) of their bedroom noodlings. This is gonna be shit?.....Wait.....No.....I'm enjoying it. Something's different from the 'reviewing the first LP times'?

I'm now thinking sixth form college drop-out Residents!

Yup.....thats right....i'm drunk.

Like ecstasy and acid house, speed and punk rock, LSD and Psychedelia; you need to be drunk to enjoy Blah Blah Blah. Its kinda like the scale of ugliness for sexual partners scale; how many beers is he or she before you wanna 'Do it' with them? Well, Blah Blah Blah's second LP is three cans of (Lidl) strong continental lager on an empty stomach.

Is this really good? I'm gonna have three more cans and ascertain afterwards. The likelihood is that after six beers, I couldn't give a shit. I'd probably write a rave review of Dire Straits at the six beer mark.

I will,however, as I am under the influence, admit to illegally downloading Dire Straits first album, and really enjoying it. They were 'Pub Rock' after all, and I love Pub rock. I was probably drunk!?

Fuck it! I'm determined to do a Pub Rock Month, but I won't be including Dire Straits.

I think i'll crack open another can and play Blah Blah Blah's first album again?.....Nah!

Dire Straits it is!?

Tracklist:

A1 Woo You (Dec 81)
A2 Old Age Customs (Dec 81)
A3 Durables (Feb 82)
A4 The Hotel
A5 Tropical Holiday Time (May 80)
A6 Travelling On The Road Again
A7 Think Things Of You
B8 Nothing (Dec 81)
B9 Very Nice (Oct 78)
B10 The Feet Meet (Nov 80)
B11 Heart Attack (April 81)
B12 I Just Don't Know (Oct 81)
B13 Burn (Nov 81)
B14 Rum Rhumba (Feb 82)

3 comments:

bill said...

Cheers JZ!

Anonymous said...

They’re still recording! Try ; Blahchive.co.uk

Anonymous said...

No I think Blahchive.org